Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Butterfly Man, Rome  (Read 3926 times)

seamus finn

Re: Butterfly Man, Rome
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 06:11:56 am »

Hi Seamus,

I see for this shot you used the Fuji XT-1. Is that fairly new and how do you like it?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I've been using it for a few months now. All my recent posts here were Fuji.It's been on the market for a while but it's fairly new to me.

I reluctantly traded in all my Canon gear (5D plus a few L lenses) simply because they were becoming too heavy to haul around. Was in London and Rome recently and brought XT1 and only the standard kit zoom (28-80 ). I also have a 35mm 1.4 and 55-200 zoom. I left them at home. The kit lense is pretty good. I'm quite pleased with the Fuji. Auto-focus is faster than the original X Pro1 and although not up to the speed of a DSLR, it's good enough for most situations. Very good in low light with a fast lens - terrific noise control. It has an excellent EVF, the best in the business, they say. You can carry the Fuji around all day and hardly notice any weight. Image quality is amazing. All main controls are arrayed on the top plate of the camera for easy access - rather like the good old days.

There are loads of online reviews, mostly positive, if you'd like to learn more. One more thing I'd say. Don't get it if you're a sports or fast action shooter which I suspect your not.The camera forces you to think about what you're doing before you do it!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:16:59 am by seamus finn »

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 08:10:12 am »

Thanks Seamus,

I have read lots and wanted to hear your personal opinion.
Your right I'm not a sports shooter. Ha! I have an XE1 and several Fuji lenses. 35 f/1.4, 18 f/2 and my favorite 27 f/2.8. The 27 is amazingly small and sharp for all my needs. I set manual focus to 10 feet at f8 and auto ISO and go to hit the street. But my favorite street camera is my GX7 set in much the same way. It has a silent shutter which I find most important. I also have a couple of Canons and L glass but those are studio bricks and stay mounted upon tripods for photographing my paintings....

Peter

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 11:30:59 am »

Everything's been said, Seamus. It's a very fine shot.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up