Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Performance differences between 5 and 6, not new features.  (Read 1691 times)

schrodingerscat

Greetings all -

Have been AWOL awhile, things have been smooth with LR5.7 and life happens. I've wandered through these forums, and while there's plenty about the new features and the CC thing, haven't seen much discussion as to if there are any real performance increases in 6. I'm mostly interested in improvements in RAW processing and if Upright, masking, noise reduction, B&W conversion, etc. have improved. Things that relate to image quality.

I've upgraded to Yosemite and wonder if it would make sense to upgrade LR as well. I'm using a stand alone copy of LR and had no trouble finding the stand alone version of 6, once I knew where to look thanks to the folks here.

Thanks

Mousecop

Re: Performance differences between 5 and 6, not new features.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 03:18:49 pm »

I haven't noticed any difference in terms of speed.

In terms of IQ, it's still Process Version 2012.  No changes there.

Panorama photo merge performs about the same as Microsoft ICE.  Fewer options, better stitching, DNG output vs ICE.

schrodingerscat

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:52:20 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. The resounding silence would seem to corroborate that, so see no reason to move to 6.

Have noticed that everything seems snappier after upgrading from 10.8 to 10.10, with no real changes to everyday operation. So far happy with Yosemite.

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 10:35:04 am »

One area where performance has been improved is copying or moving files in the library, which was really slow before Lr 6.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up