Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Add your LR 7 feature requests  (Read 34984 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Add your LR 7 feature requests
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2015, 09:00:40 am »

Well, we see just how much influence you have.  ;D ... they did open up Library and allow us the priveledge to catalog .png files, finally. Is that a sign they are "listening"? ...

Sadly not, it's more a response to photographic devices capturing PNGs, just like video was added after it became common on cameras. I can claim credit for something else though ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:11:18 am by john beardsworth »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2015, 02:26:45 pm »

Bridge may work well with all types of files, but it is only a browser ... not a DAM solution bay any stretch of the imagination.
Neither is LR as LR can't even see a large percentage of my digital assets, which is a major fail. Besides the only real difference is that one is a database and one a file browser, otherwise pretty similar in what they can do organisationally with the main differences being down to Browser/database attributes.

When it comes to Bridge, it is the one item I can agree with Kelby on 100%, there is a reason it is free.  ;)
LR comes free with PS now too, so your point is..?
Bridge has never actually been free just like ACR has never been free, it's a fairly ignorant statement of Kelby's. It was originally inside of PS and then made separate to work be able better with other Creative Suites.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2015, 02:29:10 pm »

And that's always been one of my top LR requests - let me catalogue whatever types of files I want.
Mine too. It's hobbled as a DAM because of that. Files that are important to a photographic job are not limited to a subset of still image files.

ButchM

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2015, 02:52:26 pm »

Neither is LR as LR can't even see a large percentage of my digital assets, which is a major fail. Besides the only real difference is that one is a database and one a file browser, otherwise pretty similar in what they can do organisationally with the main differences being down to Browser/database attributes.
 LR comes free with PS now too, so your point is..?
Bridge has never actually been free just like ACR has never been free, it's a fairly ignorant statement of Kelby's. It was originally inside of PS and then made separate to work be able better with other Creative Suites.

Seriously? Pick any real nits lately?

Have you ever considered that maybe it is Ps that come free with Lr?  ;D

jjj

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2015, 04:59:48 pm »

Seriously? Pick any real nits lately?
Pointing out your 'facts' are anything but is hardly nit picking.

ButchM

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »

Pointing out your 'facts' are anything but is hardly nit picking.

Perhaps you could point out where I directly made statements of fact? You seem to always fall victim to your propensity to tilt each and every wind mill you encounter. You participate in each and every discussion as though it is a contest where your personal valor is at stake. You need to lighten up a bit and not take each and every comment made as though it is a wrong that needs righted or a personal affront ... often folks offer comments that are a bit sarcasm, tongue-in-cheek or rhetorical in aspect. I don't care if you disagree with me, in fact I encourage everyone to form their own opinions and share them. Though to take such inconsequential comments and believe their existence in this discussion is of such importance that requires your attention to "correct" them for the good of the order is a bit absurd.

Sure, Lr is in no way a complete, all encompassing DAM in the truest sense of the definition (I don't recall stating it was ... I do recall saying Bridge was not a DAM at all)

... and ... of course Bridge is not truly "free" ... however, I think most of us don't need that spelled out as common sense would dictate the terms usage in this respect was intended as a relative concept, not a statement of fact.

Now it is your turn to correct all my mistakes, right all the wrongs I have committed so you can feel superior in intellect and feel the world will be a safer place in which to live because you stepped in to protect everyone from my attempts to harm the balance of the universe.

graeme

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2015, 06:34:55 pm »

Bridge may work well with all types of files, but it is only a browser ... not a DAM solution bay any stretch of the imagination.

When it comes to Bridge, it is the one item I can agree with Kelby on 100%, there is a reason it is free.  ;)

Whatever. It works fine for me.

ButchM

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2015, 06:54:53 pm »

Whatever. It works fine for me.

Don't get me wrong, Bridge is not without it's merits and benefits. Like you say, when working beween other Adobe CS/CC apps, it mostly lives up to it's moniker .... however, my experience with it over the years has been less that what I had hoped for with all the bugs and inopportune tempromental behavior. It's definitely one of Adobe's offerings that I think would have difficulty faring well in the marketplace if it were sold separately. While Bridge can be helpful, I don't think Bridge has received the attention to detail it deserves for being the actual centerpiece of an Adobe centric workflow ... IMHO of course.

jjj

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2015, 07:10:20 pm »

Perhaps you could point out where I directly made statements of fact? You seem to always fall victim to your propensity to tilt each and every wind mill you encounter. You participate in each and every discussion as though it is a contest where your personal valor is at stake. You need to lighten up a bit and not take each and every comment made as though it is a wrong that needs righted or a personal affront ... often folks offer comments that are a bit sarcasm, tongue-in-cheek or rhetorical in aspect. I don't care if you disagree with me, in fact I encourage everyone to form their own opinions and share them. Though to take such inconsequential comments and believe their existence in this discussion is of such importance that requires your attention to "correct" them for the good of the order is a bit absurd.
So you are happy for others to share their opinions, but take me to task when I do just that. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.
Not to mention assuming that I'm really all that bothered about your or others posts is a bit foolish. People posts things, I may or may not agree. I may offer another view or in this case correct some spurious comments. It a forum, people post things and others reply. I'm actually very neutral and non-partisan about most things, people stupidly assume I'm not however and get their knickers in a twist. You do seem to get wound up though when people correct your errors for example.

Sure, Lr is in no way a complete, all encompassing DAM in the truest sense of the definition (I don't recall stating it was ... I do recall saying Bridge was not a DAM at all)
Now that's a great example of one of your 'facts'. Of course Bridge can be a DAM. More so than LR in many ways, LR being what this discussion is about.

... and ... of course Bridge is not truly "free" ... however, I think most of us don't need that spelled out as common sense would dictate the terms usage in this respect was intended as a relative concept, not a statement of fact.
Well in context of this being a LR discussion, pointing out that LR is equally free is a fair rebuttal to Kelby's stupid comment. Oh wait, you don't think I should contribute my opinion, if it runs counter to yours it seems.

jjj

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »

Don't get me wrong, Bridge is not without it's merits and benefits. Like you say, when working beween other Adobe CS/CC apps, it mostly lives up to it's moniker .... however, my experience with it over the years has been less that what I had hoped for with all the bugs and inopportune tempromental behavior. It's definitely one of Adobe's offerings that I think would have difficulty faring well in the marketplace if it were sold separately. While Bridge can be helpful, I don't think Bridge has received the attention to detail it deserves for being the actual centerpiece of an Adobe centric workflow ... IMHO of course.
I think Bridge would appeal to those who dislike/do not understand database programmes like LR, Aperture etc.
If Bridge/ACR was sold as a non DB version of LR [which fundamentally is what it is] and remove the modal nature of ACR and update it's antique UI, lots of people would use it. A lot of people do not like or understand the LR/database paradigm
Bridge has been very poorly marketed and seriously under-developed since LR2. Which is when I all but stopped using it for photographic work.

ButchM

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »

So you are happy for others to share their opinions, but take me to task when I do just that. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect there.
Not to mention assuming that I'm really all that bothered about your or others posts is a bit foolish. People posts things, I may or may not agree. I may offer another view or in this case correct some spurious comments. It a forum, people post things and others reply. I'm actually very neutral and non-partisan about most things, people stupidly assume I'm not however and get their knickers in a twist. You do seem to get wound up though when people correct your errors for example.
Now that's a great example of one of your 'facts'. Of course Bridge can be a DAM. More so than LR in many ways, LR being what this discussion is about.
Well in context of this being a LR discussion, pointing out that LR is equally free is a fair rebuttal to Kelby's stupid comment. Oh wait, you don't think I should contribute my opinion, if it runs counter to yours it seems.

My offerings are incorrect facts or spurious comments and you only contribute innocuous opinion??? That's classic  :D

Your opinions don't bother me ... never an issue. Your compulsion to be the self appointed arbitor of determinging what I offer is incorrect "facts" is becoming an endless source of amusement.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2015, 10:42:02 am »

How about a feature that prevents people from requesting new features until the software has been out for 60 days?

smahn

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2015, 11:10:38 am »

How about a feature that prevents people from requesting new features until the software has been out for 60 days?

That or a board feature that bans people for 60 days for complaining about threads they need not read.

ButchM

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2015, 11:21:31 am »

That or a board feature that bans people for 60 days for complaining about threads they need not read.

+1 ... any discomfort experienced as a result of voluntarily reading such threads is purely self inflicted.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2015, 07:07:38 pm »

The point is not that I do not want to read these posts (which I do not) - the point is that people should not write them. Sheesh, go take a photo!

smahn

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2015, 07:14:32 pm »

Stop being a little kid, and stay off the lawn.

ButchM

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2015, 07:31:13 pm »

The point is not that I do not want to read these posts (which I do not) - the point is that people should not write them. Sheesh, go take a photo!

Ironic that we should "go take a photo" ... yet you find the time to participate by posting  multiple comments in a discussion you do not want to read?

The phrase , "Physician heal thyself," comes to mind ...

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2015, 01:49:24 am »

The point is not that I do not want to read these posts (which I do not)
If you don't want to read them, don't. Just go to another topic and ignore this one.
the point is that people should not write them.
Absolutely WRONG. The whole point of a forum is to discuss things and this is a technical sub-forum discussing software.
Sheesh, go take a photo!
I wish YOU would and stop trolling the technical sections of this site.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2015, 02:41:15 am »

Enough already! - or the topic will be locked

Glenn NK

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »

There were quite a few good requests in the LR6 wish list thread.   AFAIK, pretty well none of them were implemented.

Are we spinning our wheels?  Just wondering (and not going to repeat the same requests).
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up