Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 940 times)

EricGullicksen

Introducing Myself
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »

Thought I might introduce myself with a few pics.  I'm currently using a Canon AE-1 and fool around with Ektar, Portra 400 and Delta 100.  These were taken in the Angeles National Forest north of LA (where I live).  Still learning a ton every day, it feels like I'm climbing a mountain of information  ;D

The Valleys by ericgullicksen, on Flickr

img195-2 by ericgullicksen, on Flickr

img285 by ericgullicksen, on Flickr

img284 by ericgullicksen, on Flickr

img288 by ericgullicksen, on Flickr

img4397 by ericgullicksen, on Flickr

As you can see I'm having some trouble with sharpness.  After spending the last week reading, I think it's NOW largely a scanner based problem (Epson 4490).  I had been shooting myself in the foot with the DOF markings on my lens barrel before correcting myself rather recently.

mbaginy

Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »

Welcome!  :)

So you're an analog photographer, interesting.  I haven't seen many such posts here and do welcome you images.

I've just begun shooting film again and plan to scan the b&w negatives with an Epson V850.  It will take some time for me to get that done.

I look forward to more nice images from you.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:34:17 am »

Great images !
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:07:32 pm »

Welcome Eric.  Nice shots.  I like shooting medium format film so it's nice to have another film guy posting here.  I'm using a Mamiya RB67 usually with either Velvia 50 color slide or Tmax 100 BW negative film and scan with an Epson V600.  Alan.

EricGullicksen

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome! 

Alan, I'm contemplating switching over to medium format, probably an SLR similar to the RB67.  I have definitely reached the limits of my scanner with 35mm, and I can get a MF camera and lens for about the same as a more expensive one.  Then eventually I'll pick up one of the better Epsons as they hopefully lower in price.

Still trying to decide whether to just go crazy and get a 4x5 view camera or stick to the SLR type system I know so well. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 12:03:20 pm »

If you go with a 4x5, then the V600 scanner won't work for you.  It  only handles 35mm and 120 film.  You'd have to move up to the Epso V800 or V850 which handles 4x5 as well as 35mm and 120.  The dMax on the V800 is a little better than the V600 but it's a lot more pricier. 

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 12:49:33 pm »

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome! 

Alan, I'm contemplating switching over to medium format, probably an SLR similar to the RB67.  I have definitely reached the limits of my scanner with 35mm, and I can get a MF camera and lens for about the same as a more expensive one.  Then eventually I'll pick up one of the better Epsons as they hopefully lower in price.

Still trying to decide whether to just go crazy and get a 4x5 view camera or stick to the SLR type system I know so well. 

If you are contemplating this, I have a Pentax 67 and a Zone VI wood field 4x5 you might be interested in.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up