Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Canyon - March Break 2016  (Read 1451 times)

AndrewKulin

• http://www.andrewkulin.com
Grand Canyon - March Break 2016
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:33 pm »

My wife tells me she want to go with me and the kids to the Grand Canyon next year over March Break (about mid-March).  We will have about 8 days between flying in and out (10 days total).  We'll be doing a mix of touristy stuff (I've been told she wants to see Las Vegas over 2 days (Ugh), we'll do the Hoover Dam, stuff like that too) but she also knows that I will want to do a bunch of landscape photography too.  I'd like to book accommodations as soon as possible.

I am assuming that I will have 4, maybe 5 days where I can focus on photography.  We'll obviously be at the Grand Canyon but are there other areas nearby worth visiting? Recommendations for accommodations while outside of Las Vegas would also be appreciated (we'll want to stay in higher end places).  One thing I am interested in is doing some night photography, but I don't want to have to hike out some long distance to get to any site and frankly of really having no knowledge about the area or its dangers, I'd consider doing something where there is a guide involved for that activity.

Looking forward to the group's advice and suggestions.

Thanks
[size=12p

sierraman

Re: Grand Canyon - March Break 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:46:39 pm »

I guess I'll go first. For me, I like 2 sunrises and 2 sunsets at the Grand Canyon. The North Rim will be closed but still plenty of photo op's on the South Rim. Other area's of interest would be Page,Az (Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend-3 hrs drive time), Monument Valley about 4 hrs drive time, Sedona and Prescott to the south. The San Francisco Peaks around Flagstaff should still have snow and are fun to photograph. Sunset Crater and Wupakti National Monument are worth a visit.  :) Also, be careful! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3064329/Man-falls-400ft-death-Grand-Canyon-s-South-Rim.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:30:13 pm by sierraman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up