Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pipeline  (Read 581 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
The Pipeline
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:29:44 pm »

I'm curious what your thoughts are on the pipeline.  It's in a wetland of course... it's where I sometimes go birding... For egrets and whatever else hunts in the oil infested marshland.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
Re: The Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:41:14 pm »

I don't want to like it but it made me think. IMO, the wetland being so dominated by the pipeline and its associated structure says a lot, and it's fairly representative of our priorities regarding preservation of the natural world. If your intent was anything along those lines I think it's a successful image.
- Dean

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Re: The Pipeline
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »

I don't want to like it but it made me think. IMO, the wetland being so dominated by the pipeline and its associated structure says a lot, and it's fairly representative of our priorities regarding preservation of the natural world. If your intent was anything along those lines I think it's a successful image.

I'm guessing it has something to do with off setting the pollution.  It was probably some type of arrangement long ago behind closed doors to allow the refineries in Martinez, CA to move into sensitive land as long as they "maintained" the estuaries, marshland, and kept it closed to the public as a "nature preserve."  Sure we've got to have a refinery somewhere, but it seems strange that so much heavy industrial is set up hugging Point Edith Wildlife Area, and what not.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up