Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Landscape  (Read 25396 times)

Clint S

• www.gravelbed.com
Landscape
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 04:12:33 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Sorry mate - the link says it doesn't exist? Maybe you've removed it after 3 days? ???[/font]
Dare to Dream - Dare to Follow your Drea

Howard Smith

Landscape
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 03:24:12 pm »

Don't be surprised if you no responses about your photo.  Critiques don't seem to be the "thing" for this site.

Good luck.

Howard Smith

Landscape
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 05:58:30 pm »

Jeffery, back on March 25, "Mr. Hako" poted so phots and asked for feedback.  Maybe it all poured into his website, but there was no response here.

Bobtrips

Landscape
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 11:19:12 pm »

Gee Richard, did you luck out or what?  Image the chances of attracting the attention of two people who apparently are suffering from hemorrhoids flare-ups on the same day.    

I find myself in agreement with Jeffery, but don't see a lot of sense in dumping on someone who asks for feedback.

I'd say the largest problem/shortcoming with the photo is the lack of a subject, something that draws one to look at the picture.  Perhaps had you moved closer to the trees in the middle of the image and then used the mountains as a backdrop....  

One handy rule to use is that if a picture doesn't grab you then you weren't close enough.  (It's not a rule that works for every single picture and may, in fact, not often apply in true "landscapes".  But give it a try.)

But the subject doesn't always have to be a 'thing'.  Sometimes it can be texture or it can be the light.  If this were taken in the fall with the oaks and hickories showing their colors (I grew up around there) then the subject might be color.  If you had caught the scene in brilliant sun light just after a wetting rain ....

It's not a bad picture, it's just nothing special.  Perhaps it's a picture to be proud of at this state in your 'career'.  But I'll bet you do better as you continue to shoot.

Richard Grupe

Landscape
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 10:16:56 am »

You are trying to get the hill side.  Then the sky isn't all that important, yet takes up a lot of the frame.  Same for the large green foreground.

The trees in the foreground get lost in the hills, diminishing both their value and the hills'.
Thank you, Howard. This is the kind of useful input I was looking for. I will take this advice and hopefully produce a better canvas in the future.

Perhaps this crop is closer to what you speak of.

http://rickay.smugmug.com/photos/3362047-M.jpg

Howard Smith

Landscape
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 11:18:01 am »

I'm not sure how that happened, but the above post is from Howard Smith, not d2frette.  Sorry if I did that.

Richard Grupe

Landscape
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2004, 11:23:13 am »

Advice - It seems to have a blue tint to it, at least on my uncalibrated monitor. If you feel it does too, and you have an editing program like Photoshop or Elements, then play around with the Levels or Curves on the blue channel.  
Yes, Dave, I agree!

Maybe we can get a decent photo out of this one yet.

http://rickay.smugmug.com/photos/3362914-M.jpg

Thanks.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
Landscape
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2004, 05:15:07 pm »

A little bit of blue tint in the far background is OK; it's the normal result of atmospheric haze. It shouldn't dominate the foreground, though. I think you got the final version about right.

crazyhorse

Landscape
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 05:02:33 pm »

These are not mine, but these are amazing:

http://www.shutterpoint.com/Photos-BrowseU...er_id=ROADBULLY

If I could do that....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up